Monday, August 22, 2005

things left unsaid...

nights in white satin... never reaching the end...
letters I've written... never meaning to send...*

are you the sort of person who misses places? I was thinking about it... I'm in the beforemath of shifting cities... from my current Chennai to the more vibrant, recently submerged financial capital on India, Mumbai... its work related and I'm kinda glad to be going, of nothing else then just for the sheer change in cultures and mindsets...
So.. now that i've sneaked that in... coming back to missing places.. will I miss Chennai? and the collective sigh of all my pores and molecues sighs... NO!... and I wonder about that.. It's not that I haven't had a blast here.. living on my own.. decent levels of comfort.. experiences uniquely chennaite and yet fun... "yet"... Its not like im not wary about moving.. I'm actually quite sad to be going... but I'm sure I dont miss places..
so then it comes to me.. I'll miss the comforts of the familiure.. I mean its so much easier to drive back sozzled out of your wits once you've got those damn speedbreakers and uniquey Indian Potholes/"Men were surely at work" spots figured out... but hang on.. I'll figure that out soon enough in Mumbai as well..
then??? people... what about the people.. the ones I'll spot at airports and on MSN everyonceinawhile... and those that I wont.. ever.. and It strikes me.. that life's so funny that way.. you go through so many priorities and people and places so fast and you never really realise till you sit back one day.... an hoping ur not a compete muppet lean on your laz-e-boy watchin sports on a plazma screen... that there are so many people.. so many frineds and so many ...not really got a chance to become frineds... and you havent a clue what theyre upto.. and you wanna.. that you have so many things left.. and u reach for your cellphone/blackberry and sms and call and mail and try to get some of it back.. and you cant.. ever.. ....its NOW.. do it now cause no amount of technology can replace now...
or you'll be left with what if's??.. and things left unsaid..

chal sochen kya... choti si hai zindagi...
kal mil jaaen to hogi khush nasibi...
meri chhat ko rakhlena... jaise koi nishani...**

*cf: Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
**cf: Pal - KK

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me wonder... what really does go on in your head??
Its never really about the place, has more to do with what you feel about it. And what you feel is not only sights & sounds but the people you met, the people you didn't meet. Its the memories of that one phone call from somebody you care about living somewhere else that made you laugh... or the fact that there was no call... nothing to do with the place...

I have lived in my city all my life. Never lived anywhere else.. but I still miss this "other place", a place where I think I should benot exactly sure where but somewhere... for me its kinda about 'anywhere but here'....
Missing a place is about you.. not the place or the people but what you experience in totality while you are in a place.

Anahat said...

@tejeshwari

as long as i surprise you most times.. pleasently or besides... im aight...

Anahat said...

@maya

everything is about you... thats the way it works.. all feelings, experiences are coulored by and seen through your personal filter... so that goes without syaing... the point was jus that i get... "so ur leaving??? wont u miss chennai even a bit... its not that bad ya" about four times a day these days.. and im always saying "...hmmmm, not really"... so jus got me thinking...