Monday, July 04, 2005

I am an Island...

gam ko apne saath bhi lele,
dard bhi tere kaam aaega...*

its about lessons... everything teaches you a lesson... everyone.. u jus have to know what.. the keen mind can pick.. and grow... the troubled mind criticises and languishes...

I am an island.. I am fucking Ibiza**

and I am inspired... now it might be foolish and naive to learn lessons from hugh grant flicks but then.. again it might not.. of course the sheer british soppiness of the flick cannot hide the brilliance of idea.. i am an island...

and I will fight it out till I can.. and then I will stop and hopefully be invaded by a kind soul... I will live life from one moment to the next... and I will entice and elicit.. and I will enjoy..

then I will falter and I will succumb.. then I will wallow in self pity till it annoys me or I annoy everyody around me and out of sheer pride I will let it slide.. bygones...

I have made a list... 10 things to... do before I die/rules of conduct...

1. Keep it real... love with all your heart and hurt with it too...
2. Watch the sunset from the Chiliean Andes...
3. Sail the Nile...
4. Go to Istanbul and experience the Hage Sofia...
5. Bunjee Jump in New Zealand
6. Try and spend every new years eve either in the arms of love or goa.. or both
7. Never lose touch with anyone youve kissed... no matter how hard it is or how much it hurts...
8. Tour at least one wine-country-side...
9. Never hesitate to compliment...
10. Buy a Plasma TV (Buy a Bose) (Buy an Ipod)

I have a long way to go...

So many things to do..
so many tears to weep..
no let up, no reprive..
no rest, no sleep..
into the trepid elecreties of agony and ecstancy...
into the contradictions of the ficklesness of mortality...
into another dream...
into another sunrise...
-Anahat

*cf: Allah Ke Bande - Kailsh Kher: Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II
**cf: HUgh Grant to anybody listening - About a Boy: Paramount Pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you in a slightly intoxicated state before/during/after writing this post.. remember getting a random msg from you (5am my time!)saying "i am ibiza" and something abt watching "about a boy" .... now u see why ur called "random guy" in my address book.. :p

Anonymous said...

well.. and regarding the post..

makes sense.. when u talk abt getting something.. faltering.. and letting it slide coz of pride..it is but all abt sanity and making a choice..

i guess we all have our days when we feel like islands..estranged, faraway..responsible..

and am surprised by your point 7 on the list of "rules of conduct"... i thought, you believed otherwise..