Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Mumbai Rains!

sheher ki dhup si bewakt hi dhalegee,
kyun humko yaad aae woh*

so i've been in mumbai now for about three days, and it has been raining since then... but not to say its 26/7 all over again... sometimes it slows down, drizzles... sometimes the wind picks it up and it sheets across like a fine spray, sometimes its blotchy and you want to jus get out of it.. but its been raining everyday.. I have a luvly place here, i.e its free and its on the 12th floor and very clean... my room faces eastand its got a large wall to wall window, luvly cityscape view... havent seen the sun yet, I'm beggining to wonder about that whole thing about rotation and revolution... no sun!! in three mornings!! okok not panickin..
there is a great thing about mumbai though, its alive.. its buzzing.. it has soul, and the rains play their part, they contribuites their verse... its makes everything come alive more so... the humdum.. the fruit markets and street hawkers, the traffis jams and the late night sojurns back home.. it all looks like a glazed din... wet and brimming...

mumbai rains...

also it seeps into everything.. it drips form everywhere.. its all pervasive.. you cant escape it even if you want to.. luckily most of the times i dont want to...

good night mumbai!
cf: Jaane - Ost Chameli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting choice of words anahat. I’m glad someone else was as effected by these lines from ‘jaane’ as was moi. I was mentioning this to someone, and I was told I should let you know myself and hence this ‘first’ post on your blog.
Your new life sounds exciting. And I’m somewhat less apprehensive about returning now…India sounds intriguing again.
peace
u know who…