Monday, September 26, 2005

Mumbai Roads!

all is not sundry...

aight so the rains are excellent and the city has an uniqe and unibiquitious din about it... but all is not sundry... mumbai doesn't have roads.. ok so maybe I'm being a bit harsh.. but maybe I'm not.. mumbai has potholes.. copiuos amounts of potholes in all shapes sizes and forms.. in fact mumbai's speciality is potholes.. aight aight I do relaise the 26/7 rains were abnormally disasterous.. but still..
ok so i go to pickup my car from this place called vaashinaka, jus a bit beyond vaashi station, its in navi mumbai and its very far! which means its 37km from my house. and it took me 2.5 hours to do that... and not because I am new to mumbai and don't know the roads like the back of my hand, and not because the traffic was atrocious.. it was.. but because there were no roads.. most of it was potholes but in some lucky places it was mud.. lots of mud.. so I was supposed to take this 'left turn' except that the turning was no more than a bit of mud sliding a bit to the left and leading to some potholes.. and I was supposed to figure that out.. and i got lost! twice!
hmmm.. ok letting go is good.. very good.. breathe...

mumbai the city thats alive.. thats got magic.. potholes and mud...

good morning mumbai!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Bangalore roads?