Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I am soulless

of mans first disobedience.. and the fruit of that forbidden tree*

list of things I haven't done in about a year

1. Volunteered to watch a half ass decent play unless cajoled into it.
2. Frolicked in or experienced in any exhilarating form, the rain
3. Frolicked in or experienced in any exhilarating form, the wind
4. Played Scrabble
5. Bought myself a McDonald's Happymeal Toy
6. Read a decent book completely
7. Had black coffee

oh the list is endless... I have no soul left.. all the things that mattered seem not to. Its not evolution thats always for the better, survival of the fittest and all that, this is degradation, this is disillusionment, this is the pits

I'm not sure how it started.. but i have a decent idea... anyway bygones.. the point is that i'm not going to let it continue...

so i have an action plan.

1. Read some books
2. Make work a 9-6 financier - not a be all and end all
3. Spend as much time with eka as possible i.e. wine i.e. sheesha i.e. smiles
4. Start living rather than just existing
5. And do it with everything I have
6. blog more...
7. I am going to be open to plausibles...
8. Meditation...
9. whenever I waver I shall watch Dead Poets Society or Guide and feel rejuvenated

I am soulless... but I'm working on it... I have a plan in place...
progress reports and more blabbering should follow...


In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a stately pleasure dome decree... **

*cf: Paradise Lost, John Milton, Book 1 Para 1 Line 1
**cf: Kublai Khan, Samuel Taylor Coleridge

3 comments:

Rohan said...

It's heartening to know you're actively doing something about the soul-lessness.

Anonymous said...

I am glad it worked....

love always

Anahat said...

@kanika

ooh.. green day...!