Sunday, October 08, 2006

elysiums are replaced...

I spend the night
Yeah looking for my insides in a hotel room
Waiting for you
Were gonna make it tonight
Yeah something in the air tells me the time is right so we better get on
Dont wanna wait
Lord Ive been waiting all my life but
Im too late again
I know but I was scared

koyla is the past... I have found my soul... as commercial as it is.. its the capitalistidealistrockfansdream... Hard Rock Cafe.. back after some Mumbai Police Licensing issues.. The place is wonderful.. all sorts of memorabilia to titillate the idle and progressively intoxicated minds... guitars signed by Jimmy Page.. Full feature album cover of Vitology, Gus Van Sant's Jacket from some groundbreaking performance... and much more... A fabulous sound system... and a DJ with a gift.. who plays Yellow, Even Flow, Black, Patience and Coming Back to Life in the same night... its Mezz but this one isn't dingy and smoke filled.. its huge and lively and not that expensive.. honest...
The place just buzzes.. it manages to tolerate the pseudopartiers who must come to the newest nightspot in town along with the grunge induced kobain fans.. its lets you bawl in your worst drunken stupor to whatever remote rendition you know of the song that's playin.. it doesn't pretend to be all .. hard rock cafe.. its lets you be yourself.. you can sit like an old foggy and grab a bite or crowd the elevated bar area in bachavellian Mellie...
Its lets you breathe.. and I can't claim that of many places...

Cant you see Im moving like a train into some foreign land
I aint Got a ticket for this ride but I will
Cant stop looking back no no
One more for the lovers
O brother wont you lend a hand Im alone in a room
And Im waiting for love
I dont know when this dreams gonna stop
But Im telling you friend I dont want to get up...

Oh, play a song for the lover tonight
Dj, play a song for the lovers tonight*


*cf: Song for the Lovers, RichardAshcroft

No comments: